“One who can only be a good listener
is still far away from true skill in communication.”
The Course task: to develop your voice’s abilities so that you can own it to the fullest extent. You will be able to handle your voice according to the requirements of the situation. It might be charming, beautiful, insinuating, convinced, angry, frightening, tender, profound, velvety and so on. One of the training tasks is to prevent your voice becoming tired from constant work.
The Course includes three subjects.
1) Search for your “own” voice and its “placement and training”;
2) Development of voice range;
3) Strengthening of voice;
4) Skill in voice control;
5) Overcoming of individual voice problems.
1) Mimicry. Muscle gymnastics of face;
2) Articulation. Special gymnastics for developing correct articulation;
3) Diction limbering-up. Improving speech clarity and distinctness;
4) Correction of individual speech defects;
5) Orthoepy. Correction of dialect and mode of speech. “Standard Moscow” pronunciation.
1) A set of exercises aimed at development of conviction in speech, skill in identifying the sense and correct construction of speech;
2) Speech logic: rules and exercises;
3) Skill in reading from a page.
Note. Parameters of voice, mimicry, and construction of phrases may provide considerable information about a person’s identity and his/her present state.